We have extended deadline for Family Support Worker post. Please email email@example.com for more information and to request an application pack. Closing date for application is now 24th November 2023 @ 12noon. Interviews will be held on 1st December.
Full-time job vacancy Family Support Worker
£25,000 per annum
Full time: 37.5 hours per week
The Amadudu team holds extensive expertise in working with the complexities of violence against women and girls. Our culturally diverse team is made up of women with many years of skills and experience in the field of Domestic Abuse and family support. Amadudu was established in 1991 and is the only by and for specialist BME (Black and Ethnic Minority) Refuge in the Liverpool City Region. We are active in local and National campaigns to end violence against women and girls.
We have an opportunity for a full time Family Support Worker to join our team at Amadudu Women’s Refuge. You will complement the work of the team in providing support for families living at refuge.
Due to the nature of the work and refuge service operating 24/7. The successful candidate will be required to be flexible to the needs of the service.
You will have experience of working with families to bring existing experience, skills, and knowledge to the role. Amadudu provide a unique holistic package of support to families. Tasks include supporting families settling into refuge, engagement in activities, confidence building, emotional support, and practical move on support.
Black and ‘Minority Ethnic’ Women only need apply (Schedule 9, Part 1, 158 and 159 Equality Act 2010).
This post is open to female applicants only as being female is deemed to be a genuine occupational requirement under Schedule 9, Paragraph 1 of the Equality Act 2010.
Amadudu support 5% pension contribution via NEST pension scheme.
GCSE English and Maths, NVQ or Diploma level 3 Domestic Abuse or Degree in social work/childcare
Key areas of responsibility
1. To provide support to women in refuge in line with Amadudu policies and practices.
2. To help settle in new residents in line with new resident induction process, supporting preparation of apartments, and providing welcome packs/essentials to meet their needs. Support women with preparations for moving on.
3. To take telephone referrals from individuals, other refuges, and agencies as necessary and keep detailed records of these in line with Amadudu data recording requirements.
4. To refer women on to other appropriate agencies and refuges when refuge has no space available, or enquiries do not meet the criteria for domestic abuse refuge services.
5. To help ensure that the refuge meets health and safety requirements and to ensure repairs are reported quickly.
6. To ensure handover notes are completed for staff members and manager.
7. To be aware of issues in relation to the safeguarding of children, young people and vulnerable adults and report any concerns in line with Amadudu safeguarding policy, reporting to designated Safeguarding staff member.
8. Attend team meetings monthly, supervision and other meetings as appropriate.
Please Apply to:
Please put job reference in email subject line: Ref: FS/AMA/10/2023
Closing Date: Friday 24th November 2023 (12 NOON)
Interviews: Friday 1st December 2023.
A Full enhanced DBS will be required and 2 references.