Amadudu is a Black and minority specialist refuge providing accommodation and supporting services for women and their children fleeing Domestic Abuse. We prioritise women from Black and Minority Ethnic backgrounds, however not exclusively.
We are recruiting volunteers for our playschemes during the school holidays. (FEMALE ONLY DUE TO THE NATURE OF THE SERVICE)
You will need to have the following:
NVQ qualification in either of the following; Playwork, Youth Work and Childcare.
Be prepared to have an enhanced DBS check and provide 2 references.
Understanding of Equality and Diversity and Inclusion
Previous experience of working in family support environments, awareness of Domestic Abuse (non-essential).
Amadudu provide a holistic service for women and children, we strive to ensure children staying at the refuge have a positive, fun and supportive experiences during their stay.
Primary Purpose/Responsibilities of the volunteer role:
- Assist in the day-to-day operation of the playscheme
- Be able to take direction from senior staff
- Attend volunteer meetings from time to time
- Assist in the provision of a stimulating and creative programme of activities designed to enable children of school age to have a wide range of play opportunities within a safe and caring environment
- Be able to work with a small team of volunteers and senior staff in a positive and professional way
- Have good communication skills and build relationships with mothers
- Be reliable
- Dress appropriately for childcare environment
- Comply with Amadudu Covid safety protocols
- Comply with Amadudu Confidentiality Policy and practice
- Comply to Amadudu Child Protection Policies and Health & Safety Policies and other policies/guidance of the refuge in particular Equality and Diversity
- To work within Amadudu commitment to and promote non-discriminatory practices in all aspects of service delivery
- Support activities internal and external to refuge i.e., days out
Please email for an application: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 14th July 2021
Informal interviews: 22nd and 23rd July 2021
Start date: 26th July 2021